• In-depth professional investigation of scheduled offences using the latest scientific
methods of investigation and setting up such standards as to ensure that all cases
entrusted to the NIA are detected.
• Ensuring effective and speedy trial.
• Developing into a thoroughly professional, result oriented organization, upholding
the constitution of India and Laws of the Land giving prime importance to the protection
of Human Rights and dignity of the individual.
• Developing a professional work force through regular training and exposure to
the best practices and procedures.
• Displaying scientific temper and progressive spirit while discharging the duties
• Inducting modern methods and latest technology in every sphere of activities of
• Maintaining professional and cordial relations with the governments of States
and Union Territories and other law enforcement agencies in compliance of the legal
provisions of the NIA Act.
• Assist all States and other investigating agencies in investigation of terrorist
• Build a data base on all terrorist related information and share the data base
available with the States and other agencies.
• Study and analyse laws relating to terrorism in other countries and regularly
evaluate the adequacy of existing laws in India and propose changes as and when
• To win the confidence of the citizens of India through selfless and fearless endeavours.